CHEERS TO THE FREAKIN' WEEKEND! I would argue one of the best feelings ever is enjoying the weekend after a really productive work week.
For me to be productive all day everyday I need a lot of coffee... Yes I LOVE coffee. The taste, the smell, the feel of the cup keeping my hands warm. I really don't want this love affair to end. However, when I drink it in the afternoon - I can't sleep.
I have been trying to cut back on my afternoon coffees so I can get a a solid sleep. BUT you know what BLOWS. Trying to drink less coffee and do more work at the same time. I had to find a solution... And apparently, a lot of people have this problem, "The afternoon slump".
I DECIDED TO SHARE MY TOP 10 TIPS TO GET S**T DONE AFTER 3 PM:
1. MOVE! Avoid being sedentary as much as possible! This is extremely important because the working human body needs movement. The brains operating system depends on WHOLE BODY movement. If you're not moving and changing body position, your body and brain;/body are missing a key cog. If you have a flexible job, I recommend getting up to move whenever possible.
2. Try to stand up every 20-30 minutes for 1-2 minutes.
3. Always be moving some part of you. You can do this at your desk. Get a lacrosse ball and roll your feet our while you're at your desk. Take phone calls outside.
4. Meditate! I recommend downloading a meditation app. Meditation stimulates your brain & helps you feel more present.
5. HYDRATE ALLLLLLL DAY! ALL DAY! ALL DAY!
6. Pump Up Playlist -- put together a motivational playlist that will get you amped up for the second half of the day!
7. Use your lunch break: The impact of your feet on the ground. Running/Walking drive blood to the brain. Lunch is also a great time to get some FRESH AIR! Ahhhhh.
8. Get an office plant! Studies have shown that offices with plant life are 15 percent more productive. Look into it! You’ve got nothing to lose! — also, I saw an Ad on Instagram today for a company called TheSill that will send you live plants. Might be a good idea?
9. Put pictures of nature on your desk:) Stare at pictures of nature for 40 seconds. Weird, I know. But If you can’t get outside, its a great idea. A study from The Journal of Environmental Psychology found that simply staring at a photograph of natural scenery for 40 seconds was enough to put the train into a more relaxed state. CRAZY RIGHT. In the study I am referring to, there were two controls groups. One group stared at a green meadow while the other stared at a concrete roof…The people that stared at a green meadow performed significantly better in a test of attention after the initial session; they made fewer mistakes, and were less distracted all around.
10. Healthy Snacks! Here is my new FAVORITE SMOOTHIE and THE BEST pick me up. I bought some Alkalizing & Energizing Green Superfood packets the other day at WholeFoods (For the days when I’m super busy and realize I haven’t had one vegetable all day).... I wanted to try it when I got home. So! I decided to mix it into a smoothie and it’s the most amazing, energizing, refreshing thing I’ve ever had. Really proud of myself for randomly mixing whatever I had in the kitchen at the time Into a life changing creation:
Green Tea: Antioxidants, Vitamin A & C
Raw Honey: Antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal, aids in digestion, phytonutrients
Frozen Mango: Antioxidant, fiber, vitamin C, A, B6, magnesium, potassium, copper, probiotic
Frozen Pineapple: Vitamin C & A
0% Greek Yogurt: protein, probiotic.
Amazing Greens SuperFood alkalize & detox .... So easy, so simple. I recommend the Alkalinize & detox but they have a bunch you can try! There are also different brands to explore, I am going to try a few different kinds. I will let you know what I like best after I experiment with this !
CHEERS TO TH4E FREAKIN' WEEKEND!