It is Monday baby!!
I love Mondays. I love weekdays. Why? because I can selfishly work towards my goals without any distractions. I get to stay in, cook my meals, and wake up early for a workout without any fear of missing out on a fun night. Sunday-Monday are my days… I own them! Then Friday and Saturday I can enjoy to the fullest with my friends because I feel my best.
It can be so hard to change your lifestyle. I get it, I HAVE BEEN THERE. I have been in the rut where you know you could look and feel so much better but it seems so out of reach… so you might as well have the carbonara and bottle of wine because that will make you happy now… even though you feel pretty gross after eating it and are just like what is wrong with me?
What is the key to making the change? How do you become your best self and stop selling yourself short? Here are my top tips:
1. “The mind is everything. What you think, you become” - Buddah.
TELL YOURSELF YOU ARE THAT FIT GIRL. If you just say it and act like it, you start to become it. Honestly, this mindset is what got me through school. I always told myself I wasn’t a good student, so I didn’t act like one. Once I started telling myself I was a good student… I started to do things good students do! I would get all my assignments in on time, go to office hours, study hard, etc. And then BOOM — I became a good student. It is the same thing with fitness and health. Tell yourself you are a health nut, then start to live like one! You will begin to make more conscious and healthy choices!
2. “Most people give up when they're on the one-yard line” or “Most people stop digging right before they’re about to strike gold.”
PATIENCE AND PERSISTENCE. It is easy to get frustrated when you don’t get results. I used to be the most result driven person I know. I worked really really hard for a while and then when things didn’t work out I would get discouraged and just say F it… But what if you’re RIGHT there and don’t even know it? When you’re starting to get discouraged, just think about how much time and effort you’ve put into making these changes… why put all of that work to waste? Keep your blinders on and focus, one day at a time.
3. Instead of trying to make radical changes in a short amount of time, just make small improvements every day that will gradually lead to the change you want. Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it.
What can you do right now in this very moment to get you to where you want to be? Write it down. I get a lot of excuses, “I don’t have time” is a big one. Here are some easy examples:
Drink 3 Liters of water a day? You can do that at work!
Take the stairs always if it is up to 5 flights — if not take them to the 5th floor and then take the elevator.
Every time you take the trash out, run around the block.
4. Eating healthy and working out is cool. It is easy to eat whatever you want and drink whenever you want… anyone can do that. What is cool is doing something for yourself and getting better everyday. It is cool to skip happy hour and go to yoga. Does that mean you can never have fun? Absolutely not. But you can just have more fun when you’re feeling and looking your best rather than constantly knowing you could be better.
5. You’re not getting any younger. This may seem harsh. But think about it… You’re your youngest self right now, you may get better with age, but don’t you want to THRIVE. Why waste your young beautiful years feeling slow, tired, and unhealthy?
6. This Isn't hard: Start by writing down 3 healthy swaps you are going to tryout this week.
For example: Avocado and egg for breakfast without the toast. Tea instead of wine. Anything! What is something you know you’re doing that you can easily change?
7. Start a food and fitness journal.
Everyday write down your goals (ex. Sweat everyday whether it is 5, 15, or 45 minutes just jump around!) and write down everything you eat! It helps your become more conscious and it also helps you realize how much you are truly eating throughout the day.
Drink water. All day, everyday. EVERYONE SAYS IT FOR A REASON! I used to hate hate hate water. It grossed me out honestly... Make yourself love it! If you hate how much you have to go to the bathroom throughout the day I am sorry but look at it as a great way to get up from your desk and move around are throughout the day! It is a win-win!
9. Join The Crazy Fit Community!
Accountability is KEY. On the Crazy Fit website you can build you own fitness profile and document all of your workouts and meals! I think it is a great private place to hold yourself accountable. You can follow other girls in the community of you can just keep it to yourself! Totally up to you but it is a great fun way to get into it! There is also a Facebook group!
10. STOP WITH THE SCALE. Back to PATIENCE AND PERSISTENCE. We don’t need to know when we are focused on just living a healthier fuller life, the scale doesn't matter and it is discouraging. Set performance goals and get after them!
11. Master your strengths and tighten up on your weaknesses. When you have the energy and the will power, MAXIMIZE YOUR TIME! Do the extra reps, prep your meals, get it all together so in your weak moments you have everything you need to succeed and you can thank your self!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! No more negative self talk! You can do anything you set your mind to. So, on this LOVELY Monday let’s start something new, lets become the most healthy fit you!
PS. The next champions challenge starts Next Monday! November 18th!